Vesku from HTR gave me an interview. This time it's longer than usual.
1. Tell me about the stuff you do? Guess nobody is in it for money?
I sit at home reading or eating, spend time with sports and rest basically. I send out an order or records a couple of times week. I work as teacher around half a month.
2. What records have you released so far?
HELLSTONE RECORDS
2002/08 HTR001 FLEHSPRESS/BUD JUNKEES: SPLIT MCD
2002/12 HTR002 BARSE: THEY SAID IT COULDN'T HAPPEN HERE... AND IT DIDN'T! CD/LP
2003/09 HTR003 BARSE: BETTER BE READY 7"
2003/09 HTR004 KYRE & DUUNARIT: S/T 7"
2003/11 HTR005 ANAL THUNDER: CHEAP WINE AND QUALITY TIME CDEP
2005/07 HTR006 THE HEARTBURNS/RONSKIBIITTI: SPLIT 7"
2005/09 HTR007 ANAL THUNDER: CHEAP WINE/WILL FUCK FOR CRACK MC
2005/09 HTR008 KYRE & DUUNARIT: S/T 7"
2006/07 HTR010 REJECTED: FOOL FOR A DAY... KING FOR A LIFETIME CD
2006/09 HTR012 1984/BLACK BETSY: SPLIT CD
2006/10 HTR009 THE VERTICALS: S/T LP
2006/10 HTR011 BARSE/THE HEARTBURNS: SPLIT 7"
2007/03 HTR015 ANOTHER ONE DEAD: COME WHAT MAY CD
2007/04 HTR013 KYRE & DUUNARIT: S/T 7"
2007/07 HTR014 BARSE: IF YOU CAN'T FUCK 'EM, CUT 'EM UP! CD
2008/01/16 HTR016 ANTTI TUSKA & VÄHÄMIELISET: KOSMISTA SUHINAA 7"
2008/08/20 HTR017 ANOTHER ONE DEAD: NO COMING BACK 7"
2008/05/07 HTR018 ANAL THUNDER: 4 AM ILLUSION LP
2008/06/18 HTR019 MAMBOHAMMER: S/T CDep
2008/10/10 HTR020 THE VERTICALS: 8-TRACK 10"/CD + sarjis
2009/9 HTR021 THE PROSTITUTES: BELLE RINGER 7"
2009/08/19 HTR022 ARKHAM 13: BLOODFIEND CD
3. How well does it go, meaning running the distro and daytime job all-time?
It goes well, 'cause I don't plan putting out more records and thus don't have to think about any work with punk rock for most of the time. And I don't have a full time job: I get to rest enough to take the shit in work at school, deal with other "ants" in the system in general, etc psycholigally sound. .
4. Which bands have you released during the time of HTR and KidneyRecs?
Kidney Records was the first name of my label. The first bands were Justice Shall Prevail and Bonded With Blood on the first 7" - a split 7" - the Bonkers and ex-Project members' new ANAL THUNDER, Furnace, Rejected and No Redeeming Social Value. The list looks like random search of lowset record sales in history, doesn't it?
5. You've also played for some in-famous 53-bands. Including Horny Boys, AT&VM, tell us about them?
Seems like some young punks have been taking influences especially about the HB-time, hard to find but still fluential releases?
It's fuckin confusing. I understand Horny Boys was kinda raw and hard in some way and I should have had the guts to put the 2001 demo on 7", but when I saw the young dorks were pogoing to us at our re-union gig at Husaari in 2007 , I was like what a joke the LPR punk scene is. No, really, I'm glad they paid to get to see us..
(editors note; i remember we were drinking kilju with vesku and listening C-60 copies of Stands For Anything NYHC)
Yes, I remember all the moments with the my hardcore boys
getting fucking drunk.
How I became a singer for Antti Tuska is story of its own. I peaked at being a proper fucking LPR drunk punk the night I joined Antti Tuska.
The next day I was drunk in public in sunny LPR center and slept with band in the park til late night. I fought my nose flat and found myself stomach sun burn to flesh in the morning.
I have also played in Callous 53 and Shithouse Rockers. (for C53 editor has nothing to say about, punch drunk, pissed off)
6. Tell me how you got to Punk rock-scene. As today Hell's Tone Recs is a well known and appreciated label and distro in Finnish music. Anal Thunder has hit the charts, did it bring you money, are Hell's Tone going for the money?
I got in punk rock in '93 when I went to junior high and met friends who had big brothers who skated and new about punk, hardcore and alternative bands.. Firiends started bands and I didn't have an instrument so i started recording tapes and writing shit and pen paling with scenesters in Finland and abroad (editors note; in that time there was no INTERNET so you could only reach people by snail-mail!)
I like the money question! Anal thunder's success is a mystery...
Hellstone Records has lost a lot of pennies. I have learned some business along the way, but never played by its rules.
7. But still it seems like the "WORLD NEEDS ANOTHER HERO". In 60's, world had The Beatles, Stones etc. In 70's The Clash, Pistols, in the 80's came Thrash, speaking about politics.
V - what do you mean by this question?
By this question I mean that we do also need "rebellion", whether it comes from music, lifestyle or politics (which i hate to speak about)
I think all music has its place, but we have enough of passively aggressive bands =95% of todays music
Politics can be entertaining to hear if band is genuine about it.
Hardcore punk can be a lot more than it is today. It is more of a record collector types hobby like garage punk is. Nothing wrong with that, but it is probably as threatning to status quo as Metallica
8. So, if hardcore / punk becomes a "crowd favorite", it loses all the good things it used to have?
Yes. It's not elitist to say. It's just the way things go in societies. You can't shock with the same thing for long.
9. As well as The Sex Pistols shocked people by wearing swastikas on t-shirts? Or Lemmy Kilmister? It's OK as long as you know where to draw the line?
(editors line; today Pistols and Motörhead are played in Finnish Radio, when requested. Shock value has been worn out of it own shelf)
Its a different thing to wear it to shock or because you like a type of clothing,. Neither thing is my thing.
10. Keep it straight now, your last call. Who would like to mention, advertise, and so on...
Thanks to Maku, Texa, Ola and others who stop by at Gasthouse Hellstone regularly. Shouts to my top hoes - you know who you are, Weight of Disgust who rehearse in my sauna. Labels who I trade with. You are all cool. I don't want to humanize your blog, but I'm thankful to my enemies too.
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti